So I want to go away. Seriously, I want to travel. Buuuut I have no money (story of my life), nor do I have anyone to travel with (do not like traveling alone). Regardless, I keep thinking about it. SO here are my top destinations right now:
1. Prague: Why Prague you ask? Well, aside from how beautiful all the pictures are, my friend had me read the novella Night Of Cake And Puppets, which takes place in Prague. And the story ensorcelled me so much that I now want to go there. And maybe learn how to make puppets (I am easily influenced by the things I read).
2. Ireland: Who can resist an Irish accent? Not me, I tell you. Seriously, an acquaintance had some workers doing some repairs on their roof, and I happened to be approaching the house while they were coming out. Now, they were not particularly attractive men (not gross, but not my type; also, a lot older than me), but the minute they said "Good day, ladies," my heart skipped a beat and I almost melted. THAT ACCENT!!! But aside from my voice fetish, Ireland is another beautiful destination with fascinating history. And the home of one of my favorite bands.
3. Japan: Must I explain? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a weaboo or anything, but Japan has always interested me. I am slightly interested in the history, but honestly I want to check out the different stores and such. I'm a sucker for strange things, and watching and reading a lot of travel stuff has whetted my appetite with regards to Japan's eccentric collection of shops.
4. U.K.: Again, ACCENTS!!! Maybe not as awesome as Ireland, but still pretty cool. And, too, the music scene. So many of my favorite artists and bands originated in the U.K., and I'd love to experience the music there.
5. Canada: Canada ALMOST didn't make it on here when Justin Bieber ended up back there. BUT I've wanted to go to Canada long enough that I think I can handle it. Technically I have been to Canada, but it was when I was five, and it was NOT a good experience. All I remember is the motel smelled bad and I lost my play-doh. Not a good time for a child. Anyhow, reading Scott Pilgrim added to my desire to return. I dunno. I kinda wanna go camping in Canada. Could be cool.
6. Alaska: I can't really explain this one. I just want to go. It's like the only place in the U.S. that I have a desire to visit. Yes, and I'm including Hawaii. If I'm going to go somewhere that warm, I'd better be leaving the country (not a tropical girl).
That's about it for now. My desire to go to Prague right now has gotten so bad that I may or may not have been searching for cheap flights just a few minutes ago >_>
Anywhere-but-here Or BUST!!!!